Thursday, July 8, 2010

Organizing Technology Tools

Working on this blog and conference, causes me to reflect on the challenges with organizing technology tools and resources. There are so many interesting materials available on the internet, but many need to be properly vetted. So then you take the time to review them and decide what works for your class. But then what do you do?

I say this as I contemplate my ever growing “Favorites” tab. If I do not arrange the bookmarks in folders, the list quickly gets out-of-hand. And managing resources on multiple computers (work, home, child’s) just gives me a head-ache.

Good compartmentalizing is a necessity. Color coding, file folders and a naming system are critical for a technology-saavy teacher to have in order to stay efficiently connected. And now there are even web-based tools specifically geared toward bookmarking and organization. Now, I guess I’ll have to bookmark this :P

2 comments:

  1. I feel that way as well. With all the training I have received, I don't know when I can implement it! I do like staying organized though, so at least I can handle that aspect...now I just need to put it to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying organized is so critical. At least you do it well. Many people do not, and it really impacts performance. I do o.k. for work, less well for home. But it is an on-going challenge.

    ReplyDelete