Saturday, July 17, 2010

Final Thoughts

For my last post on this blog, I would like to reflect on all that I have learned about blogs in the classroom. First and foremost, I am not intimidated by them any more. I would like to incorporate blogging into my classroom, if possible. I do need to take a look at my student population however, since access to technology might be a deciding factor in this project. There is barely enough time in the school day to have all of the students create blog posts, so I would need to make a blogging assignment to be completed at home. If students don't have computers or access to the Internet, I will need to think of some alternatives.

The second thing that I have taken from this experience is the variety of blogs I could incorporate into my classroom. I had previously limited myself to seeing blogs as a way to respond to literature. While that is valid, it is only one option. I look forward to using blogs to showcase student work and allow them to generate higher-level thinking questions for the rest of the class. However I may use blogs, I now know how successful they can be!

2 comments:

  1. It is good you are reflecting on strategies to work with students who do not have computers in the home. This can be such a challenge when trying to promote tech literacy. And you do not want to alienate students whose families might be trying valiantly to support their children's education in other ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - The whole blogging thing is quite easy and fun!

    ReplyDelete